Monday, July 4, 2016

Lesson 3: Nurture with Nature

I always enjoyed vacations that revolved around being outside.  I never thought it was important; I just thought it was a personal preference.  It wasn't until I started following Wild Woman Sisterhood on Facebook and their events consisted of sitting outside with the moon and forest rituals that I began to understand that it is essential to spend time with nature.  Nature allows you to see a world so beautiful and void of societal pressures, life moving in such perfect rhythm that you find comfort in witnessing a living metronome.

While meditating, I will typically envision the energy from the roots of trees surging beneath me, filling me up with the power of life.  I feel connected with the earth, with the plants and trees, with the animals, with the people.  The same energy is flowing through us all.  There is no status in nature.  We just are.  It is a grounding force as we gain awareness of that connectivity.

Feeling that connectedness doesn't require a full day outside.  A few minutes on your back patio in the morning, a walk around your office building during your lunch break, staring up at the moon after dinner, planting your feet in the grass -- it all helps you to feel something larger than yourself, larger than the petty issues that pop into our days at work and with family and friends and with our personal insecurities.  Breathe in the energy around you and use it as fuel.  Fully utilize this free resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment